forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Forrest issues on Linux
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 07:39:13 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Linux users out there,
>
> normally I'm using W2K & Cygwin for my daily work, but this morning I
> fetched Forrest from my Linux box (RH 7.2, Sun JDK 1.3.1, Ant 1.4.1).
>
> Two issues:
>
> * ./build.sh fails:
>
>    [stevenn@otsrv1 xml-forrest]$ ./build.sh docs
>    bash: ./build.sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

I just did 'cvs update' and now this fails for me too. This is
a recent change because this was OK yesterday. The problem
is that the build script has the wrong permissions
 chmod +x build.sh
That fixes it for me. I made this change to my own working copy
a while back, so yesterday's updates must have changed it back.

I sent a message to forrest-dev about this last month because
i am not sure how to change the file permissions and reflect
that in CVS.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=101936132615617
Bug: build.sh file permissions are not correct

> * the Cocoon generation process fails, too, due to X missing:
>
>    [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError:
>           Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the
>           value of the DISPLAY variable.
>
> David and other Linux users: do you experience the same problem?
>
> </Steven>

I have not experienced this second issue, thankfully.
I see that Konstantin has answered that.
--David