forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: work-in-progress + vote
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 01:31:35 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm currently writing a Forrest primer giving newcomers some ideas on
> what Forrest really is and how they eventually can contribute to it.
>
> I do not know what your feelings are, but I think going live on
> xml.apache.org/forrest with at least some meaningful webpages could
> possibly attract some new contributors, hopefully from other XML Apache
> projects. Other option is to remain silent until we are ready to hit
> primetime, but I'd prefer to have those fresh contributors. I've been
> polled quite a few times last weeks in private emails on the whereabouts
> of Forrest, so I think interest is picking up.
>
> As you might have experienced, I have some slack time currently so I'd
> be happy to coordinate.
>
> Prior to that, I'll compose this primer stating what is here already,
> and what is to be expected during the first iteration.
>
> Your votes, please.

[ crossley +1]  let's create ourselves a public website

I think that we should go public ASAP, rather than wait
until we are fully ready.

Steven, it is excellent that you are able to spend some
time on the "Forrest primer". That is what we have been
really missing, to help all us be co-ordinated.
--David