forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: translation of document-v10 -> v11 DTD
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 09:29:25 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> One point: in Centipede we already are using v11, and now
> it's being changed...  :-(
> If we change them, we should label them -dev or change
> version number IMHO.

I think the Latin for it is "caveat emptor" - "let the buyer beware".
You are using a pre-release of a DTD, so you must expect
it to change. Your idea is good, to clearly label the DTD
as under development. There should at least be a warning
inside each v11 DTD that it is under development.

I am not sure about the need for -dev Public Identifiers
and System Identifiers. The whole of Forrest is pre-release,
so why bother.

View raw message