forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PDF generation, DTD for XML documentation and slides
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 03:18:25 GMT
Ovidiu,

Anteater is a jewel indeed.
What is the status of possible integration with Jakarta Latka?
Does it look like they'll be developed as independent products.
In this case, what is the opportunity for Anteater to be part of the
xml.apache.org collection of projects?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ovidiu Predescu" <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>
To: <forrest-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 12:32 PM
Subject: PDF generation, DTD for XML documentation and slides

> I'm not sure if this is of interest to you, but since it's about
> documentation, here it is.
>
> I'm working on writing the documentation for Anteater, a functional
> testing framework for Web apps and Web services.
>
> As part of this, I needed a way to document XML elements and their
> attributes, so I've come up with a DTD extension to document-v10,
> which allows documentation of XML to be easily written:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/aft/Anteater/doc/dtd/xmldoc-v
10.dtd?rev=1.6&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> The stylesheet that transforms this DTD to document-v10 is here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/aft/Anteater/doc/stylesheets/
xmldoc2document.xsl?rev=1.9&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> Another thing I've been working on is a DTD and the corresponding
> stylesheet for doing slides. The DTD is again an extension of
> document-v10 and could be found here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/aft/Anteater/doc/dtd/slides.d
td?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> There are two stylesheets that work with this DTD, but they're not yet
> integrated in the build process. One of them generates the navigation
> part between slides (navigation.xsl), the other one generates the look
> of the slide (slides.xsl), and could be found here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/aft/Anteater/doc/stylesheets/

> Last, but not least, I've started to write a document-v10 translator
> to FO, so that we can generate PDF documentation. The stylesheet is
> at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/aft/Anteater/doc/stylesheets/
document2fo.xsl?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> It's still work in progress, some elements from document-v10 are not
> yet translated to FO, but will soon be.
>
> You can see how these work if you checkout Anteater from
> Sourceforge. The module name is Anteater, and the project can be found
> here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/aft/
>
> Please let me know if this is of any interest.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>

> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/7464/ (GNU, Emacs, other