forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/documentation/skins/forrest-site/xslt/html site2xhtml.xsl
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 14:01:46 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Piroumian Konstantin" <KPiroumian@protek.com>
To: <forrest-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 3:40 PM
Subject: RE: cvs commit:
xml-forrest/src/documentation/skins/forrest-site/xslt/html site2xhtml.xsl

We cannot assume that the source is CVS, else we have $Date$ coming out, or
even worse, the date in which Forrest was gotten from CVS.

We also shall not assume that Forrest builds only Forrest.

> Is it relevant when the
> page was published?

Yes. A file creation and publish date are different, and have different
meanings.
Look at the Cocoon documentation: it is created in CVS but published weeks
or months after.

>  It's much more interesting to see when it was last
> modified. No?

It's intersting, but I assume that it's being done already with the revision
stuff that is being shown at the end of some pages.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -