forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Konstantin Piroumian as new Forrest committer
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 13:05:36 GMT
From: "Piroumian Konstantin" <KPiroumian@protek.com>

> > From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
> >
> > I used WinCVS and putty/plink (password based auth) prior to switching
> > to CygWin - that worked, too.
>
> Password based authentication works for me too. But it's rather boring to
> enter the password for every command. (Though, it adds another possibility
> to think before committing anything ;))

? I remain connected after authenticating, so I just do it once or twice a
day.
I read the manual for committers on jakarta.apache.org.

> > Why do you want to use the "-1" option? Don't need to specify that one
> > over here...
>
> For whatever reason SSH2 does not work for me here. -1 forces to use SSH1
> and it works.

Same here, need to use -1.

> > my env settings in cygwin:
> >
> > CVSROOT=:ext:stevenn@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs
> > CVS_RSH=ssh
>
> Mine's are similar. The problem is some other place. There is no a
> kpiroumian user in /etc/passwd (as I am a domain user) and the result is
> that CygWin uses /home/Administrator to store my ssh keys. But the real
user
> is not the Administrator, but KPiroumian.

Same here. I resorted in putting the keys in cygwin/home/Administrator

> I'm sure that from home I'll setup everything with no problems. As soon as
> succeed with it I'll right the HowTo doc and will try to solve the problem
> here.
> It can be also that my HOME variable is set to a network drive (corporate
> politics) and the SSH doesn't use keys if Home directory has read
> permissions for any other user except the current one. In my case Domain
> Administrators also have access to it.
> >
> > I'm no Cygwin expert, John helped me through this.
>
> I've asked several Unix/CygWin experts, but nobody was able to solve the
> problem. Will be trying again.

Try the Apache manual, it's step-by-step.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -