forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Sitemap parameters
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 12:59:30 GMT
From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de>

> Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> >
> > Hi alls!
> >
> > While inspecting the Forrest's sitemap
> > (src/documentation/conf/sitemap.xmap)
> > I've found several lines that are using Ant substitution params like:
> > <map:transform src="skins/@skin@/xslt/html/{type}.xsl">.
> >
> > Won't it be better to have parameters at the top level in sitemap that
can
> > be set externally, just as it is done in XSLT? So, those skin
> > parameters can
> > be set like this:
> >
> > <map:sitemap ...>
> >     <map:parameter name="skin">forrest-skin</map:parameter>
> >
> >     <map:transform src="skins/{../skin}/xslt/html/{type}.xsl">
> > </map:sitemap>
> >
> > This parameters can be defined when Cocoon is called from the command
line
> > as command line arguments. Though, I have no idea how these parameters
can
> > be set when running Cocoon as servlet, maybe 'cocoon-param' request
> > parameters can be used.
> >
> > Are there any technical difficulties in implementing this? Any comments,
> > suggestions?

We need that the parameter is set outside of the sitemap, and the usual way
is an Action.

Why haven't I done it this way?
Because it needs to run both commandline and live, and we need anyway to
have one sitemap per project.

I couldn't come up with an Action that makes it easy to be used both in CLI
and in a server that has multiple Forrest sitemaps mounted.

I'd be happy to have it, though :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -