forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: draft howto dtd
Date Sun, 26 May 2002 04:03:55 GMT

I just finished reviewing all pages on xml.apache.org/forrest

Encouraging first steps !

A few more almost-negligible notes:

Typos:

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/primer.html
Forrest site generation using Cocoon

The docs target of the Forrest build environment invokes Cocoon as a
command-line application to generate an HTML rendition of the project's
documentation. It is not within the scope of this document to explain the
Cocoon internals, please read ***the its*** own documentation to fully
understand the power of Cocoon.

Cocoon responds by aggregating two 'sub-requests'. The first is for the
resource book-{1}.xml, the second is for the resource body-{1}.xml. The {1}
parameter is replaced by the ***valuse*** of the first wildcard in the
matching pattern above. These 'sub-requests' are passed through the cocoon
pipeline just like any other request. This results in the following flow: