forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: documentation and images
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 21:15:45 GMT
From: "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org>

> Currently, the sitemap presumes all images are part of the skin
> directory and not of the content(/xdocs) hierarchy, which I find
> cumbersome.

Ahem, sorry, current forrest.cent does have this  :-/ (Ken feeling a bit
ashamed)

> I have a quick patch ready for the sitemap that addresses
> this, simply adding pipelines for 'local' images:
>
>    <map:match pattern="**.gif">
>      <map:read src="content/xdocs/{1}.gif" mime-type="image/gif"/>
>    </map:match>
>
>    <map:match pattern="**.jpg">
>      <map:read src="content/xdocs/{1}.jpg" mime-type="image/jpeg"/>
>    </map:match>
>
>    <map:match pattern="**.png">
>      <map:read src="content/xdocs/{1}.png" mime-type="image/png"/>
>    </map:match>
>
> Does anyone has strong feelings against this? Should we standardize
> where documentation-related images should be put? I'd rather want these
> close to the actual documents.

Personally I would prefer an /images dir like in forrest.cent.
In my company we use a single images directory that has a different
hierarchy than the docs one.
It helps in creating a common image archive and image reuse.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -