forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new webapp target
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 16:31:40 GMT
From: "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org>

> Nicola,
>
> thanks a ton - leave some work for us, will you ;-)

;-P

> Two minor nits:
>
> 1) when building the webapp, the WAR task complains:
>
>       [war] Building war:
> C:\cygwin\home\stevenn\projects\xml-forrest\build\xml-forrest\xml-forrest.
> war
>       [war] Warning: selected war files include a WEB-INF/web.xml which
> will be ignored (please use
> webxml attribute to war task)

Seen it. But I do use that attribute; it seems that since the file is
already present it complains.
Shouldn't be a problem.

> 2) Deploying went just fine on TC 4.0.1, but I saw both cocoon.xconf,
> logkit.xconf, sitemap.xmap and web.xml are deployed both in the webapp
> root and in WEB-INF (where they should be).
>
> I'm sure this will already be solved before my mail hits your mailbox :-)

Just me being lazy... since some files go in one place, and some to another,
I just copy them all, so I will never have to check the script if names
change ;-)

> Other than that... this will accelerate the launch of our new
> outerthought.org website ;-)

And of our internal intranet  :-)

> > Added a "webapp" target to use Forrest "live".
> >
> > Enjoy ++  ;-)
> >

> not :-(
>
> the build docs target now fails with:
>
> making-docs:
>      [echo] -------------------------------------------------------------
>      [echo]   Building docs, please stand by ...
>
> docs:
>      [java] ERROR   10219   [        ] (): Could not find the
> configuration file.
>      [java] FATAL_E 10219   [        ] (): Exception caught
>      [java] java.io.FileNotFoundException: The configuration file could
> not be found.
>      [java]     at org.apache.cocoon.Main.getConfigurationFile(Unknown
> Source)
>      [java]     at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Unknown Source)
>
> </Steven>

Sorry for the inconvenience, it's fixed now :-)
The configuration files move affected the prepare-docs target.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -