forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Intro / etc.
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 17:05:58 GMT
From: "Diana Shannon" <terracare@mac.com>

> On Wednesday, May 29, 2002, at 08:52  AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
> > For now I think that implementing browser editing, maybe with fallback
> > to a
> > form system, that dialogues with Scarab would be a very important step.
>
> I assume we could implement this now with static sites with forms? For
> example, my community stuff anticipates comments (I called them
> revisions). Right now, they were designed to be submitted as patches via
> Bugzilla interface, dropped into directories by committers. Any reason
> why we can't automate the Bugzilla submission via a separate form (with
> comments directly added), at least for now?

Yes, this is *exactly* the idea.

Bugzilla itself is a form based system, so it should not be hard to do, we
can basically duplicate the bug entry form of bugzilla already tailored to
our needs and have the preset values as hidden tags...
the only thing is that it needs you to login, but for now we can ask the
user to do that first (with a form for login).

Any takers?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -