forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest look-and-feel
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 06:14:49 GMT
From: "David Crossley" <crossley@indexgeo.com.au>

> It would help to try keep the look-and-feel aspects discussed
> in a separate thread and leave the browser-specific things
> to the other threads.
>
> A few issues have been identified so far. Please add any more
> such high-level issues.
>
> 1) Square edges on the panels vs rounded corners.

When I saw the rounded edges, I likd them.
Them they became squared, and I still preferred the rounded.
Now you show me rounded again, and I realize how crappy the page looks while
downloading.

So I'm for the squared.
I would like the page to look as pleasant as possible from the first
character the browser displays.

> 2) Need minimum indents for <ul><li> in the menu panel.

+1

> Can basic CSS can fix that?
> 3) Where will the page title be placed? Will it just be the
> first piece of content below the light-blue "Page 1 of 5"?
> Will it be an <h2> level heading?

The page title should be clearly shown on top of the page IMHO.

BTW, I don't like paging at all, because it obliges me to scroll anyways and
then page too.
We could keep some ability to switch pages, but it should be based on
sections IMHO, not on breaking pages just for length preservation.

> 4) Is something gained by the white vertical bar down
> the left-hand side of the window? We need to retain all
> possible page space.

+1

> *) More?

Put in some non-compulsory emacscript that can collapse the left-hand side.
It's just a matter of setting the vivibility of that div element.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -