forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <>
Subject Re: work-in-progress + vote
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 19:48:35 GMT
From: "Steven Noels" <>

> I'm currently writing a Forrest primer giving newcomers some ideas on
> what Forrest really is and how they eventually can contribute to it.
> I do not know what your feelings are, but I think going live on
> with at least some meaningful webpages could
> possibly attract some new contributors, hopefully from other XML Apache
> projects.

> Other option is to remain silent until we are ready to hit
> primetime, but I'd prefer to have those fresh contributors. I've been
> polled quite a few times last weeks in private emails on the whereabouts
> of Forrest, so I think interest is picking up.
> As you might have experienced, I have some slack time currently so I'd
> be happy to coordinate.

> Prior to that, I'll compose this primer stating what is here already,
> and what is to be expected during the first iteration.
> Your votes, please.

 [nicolaken  +1 ]  let's create ourselves a public website

I agree totally.

- I'm in the process of updating the stuff to the latest forrest.cent and
have forrest _finally_ manage its own cent build *and* distribution
repository. The sitemap merge showed very little differences, I should be
ready very soon.
I won't be upgrading Centipede to the new version /now/, since the new beta
with a new invocation worksforme is not out yet.

- The "wings" charting system in Cocoon scratchpad works, and it can already
be used, although the DTD id not fully finalized yet.

- We need an xml file that contains the list of the projects that Forrest
builds and the infos on where the docs are and where to update to. This
means that Forrest itself needs to update the running live websites.
How can this be done from a technical POV?

Nicola Ken Barozzi
            - verba volant, scripta manent -