forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs who.xml
Date Sat, 25 May 2002 22:33:40 GMT

From: "John Morrison" <john.r.morrison@ntlworld.com>

> 1. This isn't krysalis
> 2. This isn't gump OR alexandria
> 3. It really should have been discussed _here_.

Sorry, I didn't think it was such a big issue changing *my* id.
AFAIK nobody asked what we wanted ids to be in the first place, nor that
there is a rule for it.

> I prob would have said yes, but it would have been nice
> to have been in on a discussion to decide this for
> forrest.

Gee, again I'm sorry, but this *isn't* a decision.
I'm just testing the cron job to make Forrest work, and it just happened
that at 20:00 o'clock, after a day full of work, I couldn't come up with a
better thing to change to easily see if pubblication worked.

You see, I didn't think discussing about my id is paramount now.

If you think it's important just start a discussion.
What's the problem?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=alexandria-dev&m=101732369029269&w=2
"
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>
>  And I would also recomend that
> it use the users Apache account username as ID rather than BL, PD or
whatever
> as that way you can map username to things like changes gathered via cvs
log
> or from bugzilla or whatever.
"

I also said I was going to change for all projects using Centipede
descriptors, and nobody argued, hence I thought it was liked by the others
on the list.

Let me make it clear: I don't care what the id is, I don't feel like
discussing it -so do what you want-, I don't have any fealing of any sort
about ids, I don't want to impose anything, I will never ever try to impose
anything.

Gee, I've been working hard these days on the project and all I get is being
turned down by a stupid id.

:-(

            - verba volant, scripta manent -