forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject Re: [vote] DTD management
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 10:08:31 GMT
From: "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org>

> Hi folks,
>
> As it is now, Cocoon will be the prime showcase of Forrest, so we have
> lot of interest keeping everything in sync. Diana has been proposing
> some new DTDs on the Forrest-list, which we would be glad to host and
> nurture. Some issues however:
>
> - We will try to keep the migration path of 'old' documentation as
> simple as possible, ie providing you with an XSLT to do a docv10->docv11
> transformation. Nevertheless, we would like new documentation to be
> authored/generated using the new v11 DTD if possible.
>
> - We would like all new DTDs to be based (importing/re-using) on the
> work-in-progress (i.e. document-v11) in Forrest and not on the older
> DTD's anymore.
>
> So this brings me to the following ballot:
>
> [  ] all new DTDs (both in the Cocoon/Forrest project) should be using
> the new document-v11 and not the older ones

+ 1
I've already started rewriting i18n transformer docs using it.

But I still think that we need something more document oriented instead of
the book DTD for the documentation part (like I've suggested:
area/book/section/**/section/page). I have also a few suggestion about URI
space and pagination. Expect more help and comments in a week or so.

> [  ] Forrest is the de-facto DTD repository (+ we will also maintain
> archives for that matter of older versions) for both projects, we'll
> have a separate portion of the website dedicated to this

+0
I don't have a full vision of how projects are to be integrated with Forrest
(or vice versa), so I don't have an idea of how Cocoon docs can be generated
by Forrest using its DTD repository and entity catalogs.

Regards,
  Konstantin