forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Forrest is running :-)
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 12:42:37 GMT
From: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com>

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >
> > Now we need to:
> > 1. get the Forrest site published on xml.apache.org site, by
> > committing it
> > to the site cvs
> > -> I'm working on this
>
> If this is updated automatically (daily or more), then cvs probably is not
> the best approach.
>
> How about I set things up on xml.apache.org to automatically copy this
from
> your site to apache's?  Can I get an account on your machine with readonly
> access to the published results?

This is possible, although I agree with John "Until it's running on Cocoon
live I assume that a wget would work...".

What we have done on Sourceforge, is create a forrestbot user,  and have him
put up his key on sf.
This way, any project that wants to have Forrest publish his docs, just
needs to add forrestbot as a developer.

IMHO it would be best that the forrestbot "user" can publish directly to the
server in a similar fashion, so no replicas are needed.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -