forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Piroumian <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] Sitemap parameters
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 14:07:05 GMT
Hi alls!

While inspecting the Forrest's sitemap (src/documentation/conf/sitemap.xmap)
I've found several lines that are using Ant substitution params like:
<map:transform src="skins/@skin@/xslt/html/{type}.xsl">.

Won't it be better to have parameters at the top level in sitemap that can
be set externally, just as it is done in XSLT? So, those skin parameters can
be set like this:

<map:sitemap ...>
    <map:parameter name="skin">forrest-skin</map:parameter>

    <map:transform src="skins/{../skin}/xslt/html/{type}.xsl">
</map:sitemap>

This parameters can be defined when Cocoon is called from the command line
as command line arguments. Though, I have no idea how these parameters can
be set when running Cocoon as servlet, maybe 'cocoon-param' request
parameters can be used.

Are there any technical difficulties in implementing this? Any comments,
suggestions?

Konstantin
Konstantin Piroumian
Lead Developer