forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs who.xml
Date Sun, 26 May 2002 12:13:51 GMT
From: "John Morrison" <john.r.morrison@ntlworld.com>

> > > I prob would have said yes, but it would have been nice
> > > to have been in on a discussion to decide this for
> > > forrest.
> >
> > Gee, again I'm sorry, but this *isn't* a decision.
>
> It was.  Everything you do in life, including me sending this
> email is a decision.  Nothing against that - you have too to live,
> but you can't deny it.

Ok, again.
It wasn't a decision. It was a test.

I was going to ask you all what you thought about using ids in the future,
but this had nothing to do with it.

> However, it
> shouldn't be a case of imposing something on the project (perhaps that
> wasn't the word you meant to use?).  This is supposed to be a team
> effort.

Again: I don't want to impose anything.
It was a stupid *test*.

> > Gee, I've been working hard these days on the project and all I
> > get is being
> > turned down by a stupid id.
>
> We all know how hard you've been working on the project - and
> it *IS* appreciated.  You weren't getting 'turned down', but,
> in all probability most people here arn't subscribed to Alexandria,
> and even if they are (like me) they may have completely missed that
> thread.  (Typically, I don't read a thread to the end if I've lost
> interest part way through...)

Again: I didn't change it because I wanted it to remain that way.
I changed it because I wanted to easily see changes in a page.
I could have added a DEBUG:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA to the page, but it seemed a
bit too crass.

It's just a *test*, and it came to my mind because of the reasons I
mentioned.
It was not an attempt to make it that way.

What got me sad is that it was *percieved* like prevarication.
That's all.
                                   -oOo-

Now, since it seems you want to decide this, what do you think?

Can the user id be better?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -