forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [HEADS UP] Forrest is running :-)
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 11:36:44 GMT
Forrest is Running!!!  :-D

Steven and I have been working these days to set up Forrest automated runs
on a server he has kindly offered for this.

Currently, the site gets updated every hour and the result is published at:
http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/
On the bottom of the pages there is a "Last Published" that tells you when
the site was regenerated.

The script that is run by cron is:

#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:1
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_02
cd /home/forrestbot/xml-forrest
cvs update -d
./build.sh docs
./build.sh deploysite

As you see, all is done by Ant.

Now we need to:
1. get the Forrest site published on xml.apache.org site, by committing it
to the site cvs
-> I'm working on this

2. running Forrest also on other projects.
-> I'm working on this, I need to modularize the build to be able to specify
other properties
-> Is the forrest descriptor format Steven submitted ok? Can someone commit
a version that contains the relevant information for Forrest and Xml.Apache?

3. switching xml-site over to the Forrest file format. Since there is a
xml.apache skin we can use that till we are happy with our new Forrest skin.
-> it would be cool if someone wrote a target to transform a old DocumentDTD
xdocs to the new one automatically. Any takers?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -