forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: documentation and images
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 21:55:08 GMT
From: "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org>

> (Nicola, I'm not really angry - but indeed it's what I have been fearing
> over the past few weeks, and I hope the same will not happen when we
> move the management of DTDs out of Cocoon to Forrest, too...)

It's not easy. It takes more time that we all instinctively think.

> (sigh... is it because of the projects name? why is this thing so
> difficult to keep on its tracks?)

Because it *is* difficult to manage 3 projects together (Centipede, Forrest,
Cocoon) get Wings charting working and getting Gump to run our show.
Oh, and building a community on krysalis, getting contacts about using
Forrest with POI, FOP, Avalon.
Not to mention the WYSIWYG XML editor to go public soon on Krysalis, which
is the "applet" approach I've been hinting.

[snipped lots of whining from Ken]

I have just committed the charting package in Cocoon scratchpad, it works,
we are going to use it.
Getting all code in Forrest like Maven does is easy, but it becomes a burden
in the long run.
Just because you don't see code building up in forrest CVS doesn't mean
we're not advancing.

> Oh well, better get working again...

Ok, clean slate.

I'm trying to give a hand, really.