forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <>
Subject RE: Document Gestation Process?
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:48:55 GMT
David, Cocoon-folks,

> ---------
> This all hinges on the need to have the Cocoon website updated
> very often (so as to get the "topic list" out in the open). At the
> moment the website is just updated after every code release
> which is not often.

just to inform some people on the Forrest status:

- we have a box we can use to do offline documentation generation &
upload (Gump-style) for Forrest-enabled projects, Nicola & myself have
access to it, the plan is to generate fresh copies of Forrest-websites
twice a day - some shell/Ant scripting expertise/extra hands would be

- Forrest skins are becoming gradually more useful

- some work on a replacement of Stylebook's book.xml is under its way,
expect to hear from us in the weeks to come

- but still many hands are needed :-)

- what we'd really like is opinions on DTD's, what should be changed

I am really +1 to have a separate cocoon-docs list, it's becoming quite
a burden to follow the flow in between CVS commit messages, bugzilla
mails, patch queue mails, Sam's Gump failures etc etc.

View raw message