forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <terrac...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Ok, I give up
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:50:49 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> I'd start with outlining what is out there and try to define an overall
> document hierarchy

I've started this already.

> - the docs aren't necessary badly structured,

Well, I guess it depends on how you define structure. I would say they
are inconsistently structured within document types (e.g.
reference/concept/how-to etc.) at best.

> it's
> the access to the docs -

I agree with this and will try to illustrate how it occurs.

>  I'm not too keen of the user/developer
> distinction.

Agree. It's artificial, somewhat arbitrary, and only serves to
discourage people. What might help, with certain types of docs, like
tutorials and how-tos, is to include some kind of classification level,
e.g., newbie/moderate/advanced.

> I can think of some and submit afterwards, but I'd really like you to
> give it a go...

Going. Thanks.

Diana