forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Run, Forrest, run!
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 09:19:14 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> KPiroumian wrote:
> > > From: Steven Noels
> > > Apart from my proposition of having some less book-oriented
> > > sitemap-describing thing dispersed throughout the directory structure,
> > > please re-read my ideas in
> > > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=101605443113305&w=2 and
> > > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101637949200001&r=1&w=2
> > > concerning this ordering issue.
>
> I just reread the thread, and I thought we agreed that defining the
> book by hand was ok.
> What we just need now is a way of aggregating all the books
> resursively in a single site index.

There is an existing sample in Cocoon that does this, aggregating
all the book.xml files into a ToC. You explicitly define the order of
each book.xml in the documentation sitemap (match=doclist).
There could easily be a better way, but that works OK. This
would get us by for now and support existing practise.
--David Crossley