forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <>
Subject Re: Nicola released centipede 1.0 beta
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:20:40 GMT
From: "Steven Noels" <>

> (
> 87310)
> Nicola,
> congrats!

Gee, you *are* quick ;-)

> I fetched a copy out of CVS, and was quite amazed with the JJAR-based
> cent-approach. Works like a charm. I see you have repackaged Forrest
> into a forrest.cent.jar, and I am quite curious on the how & when,
> especially since we are planning to add a customised DirectoryTraverser
> Transformer to Cocoon/Forrest to scratch my 'book.xml' itch.

Yes, well the Forrest cent is only out public as a cent.jar...

> When are you planning to retrofit Forrest with Centipede 1.0, too?

Now :-)

Yes, this is my plan:
1. finish Centipede -done -
2. get out Centipede beta - done -
3. make Forrest use Centipede - todo
4. makeForrest generate the cent as a target, and keep the cent dist (you
can redirect with JJAR, so it will be a snap)
5. help Avalon and FOP use the Forrest Cent

Wait, I have a suggestion: why don't you do this "retrofitting" yourself?
It could be a good test for the problems you might find.

> ('We' as in 'the guy sitting next to me is working on that Transformer,
> expect him to jump in, I already implemented the new look&feel of our
> own website as a Forrest skin, etc etc')

Nicola Ken Barozzi
            - verba volant, scripta manent -