forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject migrating to the new DTD's
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 08:51:55 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to get Forrest to use the new v1.1 version of the DTD's
yesterday, and found some strange behaviour in the entity resolver: if
you put a comment (--) at the end of the catalog file, Cocoon gets in an
endless loop of sorts.

Could anyone double-check so that we can post a bug to
Norman/cocoon-dev?

Next, I would like to know your opinion on the how & when to move to the
new DTD's. What I have been preparing for commit so far is the new
src/resources/schema directory, which has an extra import in it's
catalog file importing the old (Centipede) catalog until we have sorted
out how to fully isolate Centipede from Forrest in terms of DTD's,
catalogs and libraries (*if* we really want to do this for the sake of
Soc, but I'm +0 on that).

Other than that, I made sure that our own site xdocs are using public
identifiers pointing to the v1.1 versions (diff & new schema dir
attached).

Is this OK? Or should we fully isolate Forrest & Centipede from each
other?

With regards to my regular question on the unit of deployment that
Centipede should produce for Forrest: will we be re-using the cocoon
libs from Centipede for Forrest? Or will we put up a separate cocoon
config (xconf/xmap/etc) for the forrest.war...?

Regards,

</Steven>