forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: Run, Forrest, run!
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:41:23 GMT
Hi G.I. Gump ;-)

> The main idea behind the book.xml is to provide links to
> files (documents),
> but we need also comfortable navigation between sections of
> the document
> (topics). This can be solved by using the XPath-enabled
> directory generator,
> but in that case we don't need book.xml anymore, otherwise we
> will have to
> create some XPath enabled transformer, that will iterate
> through the book
> menu items and generate book topics retrieving them from the according
> document.

Although I favor dynamic generation, we are still left with the
'sequence problem' - unless we leave some sort key inside each doc that
can be picked up by the XPathDirectoryGenerator ... not sure if this is
a feasible/good idea, either.

Apart from my proposition of having some less book-oriented
sitemap-describing thing dispersed throughout the directory structure,
please re-read my ideas in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=101605443113305&w=2 and
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101637949200001&r=1&w=2 concerning this
ordering issue.

Thanks,

</Steven> - still trying to find some time within a week or two to fully
participate again :-(