forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: rationalise storage of DTDs and other entities
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:09:36 GMT
Nicola and David wrote:

> From: "David Crossley" <crossley@indexgeo.com.au>
>
> > I have now centralised the location of all the external entities,
> > as we discussed. They have been amalgamated at
> > src/resources/schema/
>
> Good. :-)

Well, our diffs are pretty similar - hehe. I have found my Australian
alter ego :-)

> > Ken, some of these changes may be relevant for Centipede.
>
> My rule of the thumb is: if someone touches ./tools, it's a
> Centipede update
> right away.
> All else can wait consolidation...
> ...looking at new code...
> Oh, you you are right: it will have to be put in Centipede also.
> Thanks.

Yep.

> > I have also removed the xdocs/dtd/*
> > So now we are reliant on the entity resolver to find all
> > external entities. It works for me on Linux. How goes it
> > for others? ... do build docs.
>
> W2000, JDK1.4: yup it works! :-)

Same here - let's just doublecheck the possible bug in the resolver when
there is a comment at the end of a catalog file.

> > I have left the old directory src/resources/schemas/
> > in place for a little while because i am wondering if
> > anyone had any outstanding commits for the v1.1 DTDs.

> IMHO if you axe it now it will cause less confusion.

What we also could do is import the old catalog for some time (there's
no depreciation method in XML however). See my uncommitted .zip.

> Now for the layout of the docs: is there somone currently
> working on it?

Not here.

</Steven>