forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Topic Maps for Forrest ? (was RE: Proposal: alternative for book.xml)
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:42:09 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> I think it's implicit here that to achieve Forrest's goals, there'll
> need a lot more semantic content than your average site. IMVHO that fact
> should be made explicit, to the point of making "semantic markup" the
> primary focus of Forrest, with the website being simply a frontend.

I agree with the direction, but I also agree with the need to keep feet
on the ground.

Topic Maps are about metadata, that is data about data.

My impression is: we have enough hard time getting the 'data', the
metadata will come afterwords.

So, no TopicMaps or RDF for now, we'll think about that later, if they
make sense, that would be my choice.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.