forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/layout/xml.apache.org page.css
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:45:16 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> From: "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroumian@flagship.ru>

> > > site.css, book.css
> > >
> > > Fair with me - although I'd prefer to work with only one css
> > > file for a moderately sized site ;-)
> >
> > But docs can have different CSS files for different projects, say 'red'
> > colored Jakarta docs. Has the project home site also be different?
>
> As now, xml.apache.org sites have a blue theme, while the jakarta ones could
> have a red-grown theme (don't know why but I always think jakarta's site are
> in brown).
> Anyway, I would simply define different sets of CSS, one set for xml.apache
> and one for Jakarta.
> Something like:
>   /skins/org/apache/jakarta/*.css
>   /skins/org/apache/xml/*.css
>   /skins/org/apache/neutral/*.css

Sorry to rain on your party, but the jakarta people won't change their
layout. You can bet your ass on that.

So *DON't* plan to reuse anything on the layout part for jakarta, we'll
have to do totally different stuff so this is a non issue for the
current xml.apache.org forrest theme.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.