forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest needs xdocs ASAP for direction
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:36:22 GMT
Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:
>>Another thing is to use the Generator that Gianugo made that uses xpath to
>>make it possible to remove all book.xml files.
>
> Do you mean XMLDB generator? I'll take a look at it, never used it before.
> Do you think that xdocs contain enough data to be used for menu generation?
> I'll take a look at it too.

No, I think he was thinking about the (it's in scratchpad)
XPathDirectoryGenerator, which basically allows you to run an XPath
query on a set of documents.

However, Stefano is right pointing out the issue of automatic vs. manual
descriptors. I'm a bit biased towards the automatic solution, but it's
true that manual work tends to be more accurate (hmmm... stone in the
lake: how about a namespaced "book.xml" fragment in every document?).

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino