forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest needs xdocs ASAP for direction
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:52:30 GMT
"Piroumian, Konstantin" wrote:

> > Konstantin , what can be done now is to take the html mockup and make it
> as
> > a skin for the docs generation.
>
> Wow! I haven't seen that one. Looks cool. (Just was going to write that
> current index.htm is like a teenager's Home page ;))
>
> That is the right place to start with. Who is the author of the layout?

I am, I resurrected my past of graphic designer :)

> > Another thing is to use the Generator that Gianugo made that uses xpath to
> > make it possible to remove all book.xml files.

I would like to talk more about this. We have to decide whether we want
implicity or explicit documentation descriptors.

> Do you mean XMLDB generator? I'll take a look at it, never used it before.
> Do you think that xdocs contain enough data to be used for menu generation?
> I'll take a look at it too.
>
> Are we using document-v11 format for docs? I've seen a DocBook proposal.

I think there is consensus around here to use Document_v1.1 as the
markup and augment it as necessary, but with *great* caution.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.