forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject RE: Topic Maps for Forrest ? (was RE: Proposal: alternative for book.xml)
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:41:28 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
> From: "Kal Ahmed" <kal@techquila.com>
> > At 14:42 23/03/2002 +0100, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > >Jeff Turner wrote:

<snip/>
> > now), and I would love to be able to help out with any
> Topic Map / RDF
> > related work you may consider in the future. So consider
> this as something
> > of a pre-volunteering ;-)
>
> Good, pre-volunteering accepted :-)
>
> Since I personally don't have *any* /concrete/ clue on how to
> implement this
> in Forrest, I would be very happy to read a RT (random
> thought, as we call
> explanations-proposals) from you on this topic.
> I'm very interested especially in real-life use cases and possible
> implementations.

I'd like to hear a brief explanation too.

One use-case of something like TM/RDF came to me while working on Cocoon
i18n docs: there's a link from docs to javadocs (to the corresponding class)
and the link looks like '../../org/apache/...', then I thought that it would
be fine to have something like this: 'javadoc:/org/apache/...' instead and
do not depend on the relative/absolute positions of docs and javadocs that
change very quick. (Btw, this can be solved using a path like:
'/$context-path$/javadoc/..., but document DTD does not define anything for
context-path).

Does TopicMaps solve such situations?

--
Konstantin Piroumian