forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject RE: [UPDATE] Last call to get new documentation stylesheets
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:25:49 GMT
> From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
>
> Konstantin wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Here goes the recent version of my working files, including
> > document2html.xsl with the new look-and-feel. Please
> commit/update all
> > these files, otherwise it's going to be difficult to keep
> in sync with
> > CVS.
>
> Yes, I'm having troubles already to find out where I should
> put this stuff. (Thanks, BTW, I know I seem reluctant to
> commit those, but to be honest, I'd prefer to talk over the
> general picture instead of joyfully fixing little tidbits
> here & there... but anyway, your stuff will be useful if only
> to get our own forrest project site up & running soon).

This stuff is just a start point for the discussion on the content model
and, of course, stylesheets are ready to be used for document generation.
But I didn't yet think where to place them. Now I work only in
xml.apache.org directory with this structure:
/xml <-- my working XML files
/xsl  <-- my working XSL files
/dtd <-- my working DTD and Schema files
*.html
*.css

What about a scratchpad or work directory somewhere in CVS for proposed or
incomplete stuff?

> > Stylesheets contain some parts that should be removed/moved
> to other
> > places, like <?xml-stylesheet?> and entity declarations. I've placed
> > them to be able
> > to edit stylesheet in XML Spy that does not support entity catalogs.
>
> I understand this, but prior to committing, I really want you
> to work out these local dependencies and make sure your
> stylesheets are fully integrated with the "build docs"
> target... preferably a unified diff. Otherwise, your effort
> will be in the repository but will not be taken care off by
> anyone but yourself. OK?

Ok, I get your point. Will look at it today. Unified diff does not contain
all differences I made, maybe because of out of sync local files, that's why
I've sent files themselves.

> > Take a look at the cocoon-site.html. You'll notice that the page
> > header is a little strange, but I don't know how to handle
> pagination
> > correcly. Are
> > there any suggestion on how the navigation links should
> behave and how
> > should the document page title be generated?
>
> If you provide me with a unified diff, I can commit ASAP and
> we can start fixing those issues together.

Ok.

--
Konstantin Piroumian
kpiroumian@flagship.ru