forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: cleaning up src/resources/schemas
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:25:16 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Folks,
>
> the empty src/resources/schemas dir is bothering me - can
> we get rid of it (repository-side?)
>
> we decided somehow to use src/resources/schema instead
>
> anyone any outstanding commits?
>
> </Steven>

We agreed a while back that src/resources/schema is the
final location. We also discussed whether there were any
outstanding commits in schemas/ ... the answer was "no".
So it was removed from the repository.

The existence of empty directories on the repository-side
worries me too - it gets very confusing for newcomers.
(If you want to get horrified, then look at xml-cocoon2 via
"viewcvs" on the website.)

I gather that the reason that the empty directories are still
there is that there is old stuff in each Attic. In this case, the
Attic is just clutter - copies of what has moved to schema/
(In other cases the Attic may still be relevant.)

So Steven, if you know how to get rid of schemas/ server-side
then please do.

-- David