forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Forrest needs xdocs ASAP for direction
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 00:45:11 GMT
Konstantin wrote:
> > > So, the next questions are (after co from CVS):
> > > Where do I start? Is there any ToDo list or description of
> > > goals/tasks?
> >
> > Not really, use these as starters:
> >
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101441112100004&r=1&w=2
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101465347800003&r=1&w=2
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101431907500006&r=1&w=2
>
> Thanks once again.
> I've found also project-info.xml in xml-forrest root with a brief
> description. What about of using it instead of index.xml?

These are all just placeholder documents to get the project
started. Now that things are moving, we need to have some
decent overview of the project. I find that we are all getting lost,
and we certainly do not want to scare away any newcomers.

So we definitely need some clear statement of direction.

There is the initial README document, and there is the
discussion in the three threads that Steven declares above.
As with most Open Source projects, the ideas seem to stay
in the mail list archives. We must get it out into the open.

I am busy with some paid work at the moment. When i return
then, if the job is not started, i will try to extract some stuff
and put it into xdocs. I reckon that we need a very concise
index.xml and then an overview.xml to provide detail for the
vision.

-- David