forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject todo and changes documents
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 00:44:18 GMT
Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:
> > Konstantin wrote:
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > So, the next questions are (after co from CVS):
> > > Where do I start? Is there any ToDo list or description of
> > > goals/tasks?
> >
> > Not really, use these as starters:
> >
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101441112100004&r=1&w=2
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101465347800003&r=1&w=2
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101431907500006&r=1&w=2
>
> Thanks once again.
> I've found also project-info.xml in xml-forrest root with a brief
> description. What about of using it instead of index.xml?

Welcome to the project Konstantin. Most of the *.xml docs
that you see are just placeholders, especially index.xml
One of the next steps is to provide some flesh to those bones.
We should talk about index.xml in a separate thread.

Forrest used to have a todo.xml and a changes.xml and
a developers.xml ... I have been meaning to ask about this
for a while, so now seems appropriate.

When the xml-forrest CVS was recently given a build
structure, those three documents were moved into
project-info.xml ... i do not understand why this happened.

We do have separate DTDs for both Todo and Changes, but
there is no DTD to specify the structure of project-info.xml
This seems like mixing of concerns to me, and i do not see
how the documents can be validated now. Furthermore, i
do not see how the build process can generate the separate
"To Do" and "Changes" pages. It seems that we would need
a special Cocoon sitemap entry to extract them first.

Should we go back to having documents that are separate,
visible, and controllable?
-- David