forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject [DRAFT] home.xml
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:07:28 GMT
Good evening! (Yes it's already evening here)

Just want to check if I move in the right direction. In the attached file
you'll find main content part of home.html in XML representation.

During writing that file I had a feeling that XML/XSLT is not a very good
choice for this kind of pages. Look, a rather simple HTML page requires more
than 3 DTD/Schema (menu, contents, sections), one or more XSLT stylesheets,
Cocoon - to connect all it together.
Does it worth so much instead of having one or two versions of HTML? What if
the number of pages with unique layout will be high?
I'm not serios, of course, but many a true word is spoken in jest (its
English equivalent for Russian proverb).

I'm waiting for feedback to start the XSLT part.

Regards,
    Konstantin