forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/layout/xml.apache.org page.css
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:27:28 GMT
From: "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroumian@flagship.ru>

> > Konstantin wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe it's better to do the oppisite: split them to
> > site.css, book.css
> > > and maybe menu.css? As I've mentioned already, some styles
> > > duplicate eash other,
> > > but some are altered (e.g. font-size) to look better in docs.
> >
> > Fair with me - although I'd prefer to work with only one css
> > file for a moderately sized site ;-)
>
> But docs can have different CSS files for different projects, say 'red'
> colored Jakarta docs. Has the project home site also be different?

As now, xml.apache.org sites have a blue theme, while the jakarta ones could
have a red-grown theme (don't know why but I always think jakarta's site are
in brown).
Anyway, I would simply define different sets of CSS, one set for xml.apache
and one for Jakarta.
Something like:
  /skins/org/apache/jakarta/*.css
  /skins/org/apache/xml/*.css