forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest needs xdocs ASAP for direction
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:18:28 GMT
From: "David Crossley" <crossley@indexgeo.com.au>

> > > Not really, use these as starters:
> > >
> > > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101441112100004&r=1&w=2
> > > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101465347800003&r=1&w=2
> > > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101431907500006&r=1&w=2
> >
> > Thanks once again.
> > I've found also project-info.xml in xml-forrest root with a brief
> > description. What about of using it instead of index.xml?
>
> These are all just placeholder documents to get the project
> started. Now that things are moving, we need to have some
> decent overview of the project. I find that we are all getting lost,
> and we certainly do not want to scare away any newcomers.

Konstantin , what can be done now is to take the html mockup and make it as
a skin for the docs generation.
Another thing is to use the Generator that Gianugo made that uses xpath to
make it possible to remove all book.xml files.
Then, we need a look at how to structure aggregation to generate the docs.

So, basically we need to get the docs up with these points.
I'm busy with Cocoon+POI for now, so it seems that you found a job! ;-P
I'm sure that with your knowledge of Cocoon, you can come up with good
stuff.

Just one tip: don't modify anything in ./tools; the build targets are under
./src/targets/project.xtarget.

:-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -