forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XGump descriptor pretty-viewable in browser
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:15:57 GMT
From: "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroumian@flagship.ru>
> > From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
> >

> > I found a cool side effect.
> >
> > If you load the forrest.xgump descriptor in the browser from
> > viewcvs, you
> > get a nice view because the stylesheets are there too to get.
> >
> > See for yourself:
> >
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/xml-forrest/forrest.xgump
>
> I don't know why, but I see nothing pretty: just the names of all elements
> with empty content. I use IE 5.5 and msxml 4.0 (but I'm not sure about
msxml
> version).

Try loading the file in your local module.
Try renaming it to whatever.xml .
Try removing the xsl stylesheet and keep only the css one.
Try looking in the Microsoft site to  see what namespace it wants for the
stylesheet.

It works with Mozilla0.99 after renaming to *.xml and with IE6 as per the
link.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -