forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: Forrest needs xdocs ASAP for direction
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:09:11 GMT

> Konstantin , what can be done now is to take the html mockup and make it
as
> a skin for the docs generation.

Wow! I haven't seen that one. Looks cool. (Just was going to write that
current index.htm is like a teenager's Home page ;))

That is the right place to start with. Who is the author of the layout?

> Another thing is to use the Generator that Gianugo made that uses xpath to
> make it possible to remove all book.xml files.

Do you mean XMLDB generator? I'll take a look at it, never used it before.
Do you think that xdocs contain enough data to be used for menu generation?
I'll take a look at it too.

Are we using document-v11 format for docs? I've seen a DocBook proposal.

> Then, we need a look at how to structure aggregation to generate the docs.
>
> So, basically we need to get the docs up with these points.
> I'm busy with Cocoon+POI for now, so it seems that you found a job! ;-P

If I hadn't one already that is hardly Cocoon related... ;)

> I'm sure that with your knowledge of Cocoon, you can come up with good
> stuff.

Not sure about my knowledge of Cocoon, I didn't use it for real projects for
a very long time, but I will do my best.

> Just one tip: don't modify anything in ./tools; the build targets are
under
> ./src/targets/project.xtarget.

Ok. Having readonly access I can't modify anything without permission ;)

Regards,
    Konstantin.