forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: migrating to the new DTD's
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:23:05 GMT
From: "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org>

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get Forrest to use the new v1.1 version of the DTD's
> yesterday, and found some strange behaviour in the entity resolver: if
> you put a comment (--) at the end of the catalog file, Cocoon gets in an
> endless loop of sorts.

freaky

> [...] should we fully isolate Forrest & Centipede from each
> other?
>
> With regards to my regular question on the unit of deployment that
> Centipede should produce for Forrest: will we be re-using the cocoon
> libs from Centipede for Forrest? Or will we put up a separate cocoon
> config (xconf/xmap/etc) for the forrest.war...?

Now a solution going round-trip in my head neurons finally arrived to "me"
;-)
This is what we can do: remove the cocoon tool from the ./tools dir, move
those libs in ./lib/core, make an fdocs target in project.xtarget and use
that.
In this way we don't use the cocoon centipede tool for the docs but forrest
itself.
Yes, I definately like this, since it removes dependency from Centipede
totally, and it makes it easy for me to make a forrest tool from it for
Centipede.

:-)

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 barozzi@nicolaken.com