forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LAYOUT] page.html created
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:04:07 GMT
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>

> No, please, let's KISS: when the user clicks on a link, it goes to that
> page and the first next tree is opened.
>
> This doesn't require *any* dynamism and, IMO, greates smaller pages,
> easier to port them around and much better cognitive experience.
>
> This is, in fact, an example where DHTML creates more harm than good
> (nothing against your solution, Konstantin, just my personal
> impressions.
>
> What do others think?

I would like to have this dynamism only for the next page level, which IMHO
takes the best of both worlds, but I'm basically for less dependency on
dynamism.
Since the site *must* be usable by non dynamic browsers too, making the tree
complete would also make it unusable.
If well done, it should degrade gracefully without needing any dynamic file
serving.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -