forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [UPDATE] Nicola Ken hopping in the _Forrest_
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:14:44 GMT
Thanks to multiple sollicitations for karma, I've got my stuff committed :-)

Basically, apart from bugfixes, here are the additions:

 new forrest.xgump descriptor

It replaces and enhances project-info.xml and the Gump descriptor. I asked
Gumpers to add it to the Gump builds, we'll see if this hibrid works or not.

 new build scripts and endorsed libs

Under the lib dir I put /endorsed libs that are used by both project and
tools. They are added to the classpath by the scripts, which are now cleaner
and do not contain specific jar definitions.

 new documentation layout & skins

Changed dir layout of the documentation to make it cleaner as a structure
and easier to upgrade in the future.
There are now "skins", and already available ones are jakarta-site (poi
enhanced), xml-apache-site and cocoon-printer.
Shortly I will also commit a "scarab-site" skin (trying to be proactive on
the jakarta skin changes ;)

To change skin edit the sitemap and change the skin name in the three
skinning <resources>. Will change this method shortly to use a single
definition point.

PK-KP, could you make a "forrest-site" skin with your latest work?

  documentation update

Added stuff to the documentation, so a *minimal* site can be running.

  new build targets and tweaks

The docs build target does a "cleandocs" before starting. This way the
Cocoon work dir is reused and regeneration is faster.

"testmodule" target tests every major thing in the module, and I *strongly*
suggest everyone committing something to "build testmodule" first to be
sure.

"gump" target added for... well.. Gump ;-)

I may have missed something in this description but the CVS commits have
sufficient descriptions in them anyway.

Now I'm in the process of making Forrest download the xgump descriptors from
registered projects and building their site with the specified skin.
As soon as Gump gets the site update feature working, we will be ready to
build site for others!

:-D

            - verba volant, scripta manent -