forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UPDATE] Last call to get new documentation stylesheets
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:19:11 GMT
From: "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroumian@flagship.ru>

> > From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
> > If it doesn't integrate with the current centipede-based
> > structure, it shouldn't be in CVS to start with ;-)
>
> Never heard about Centipede. What is it for? And where does it come from?
It

http://www.krysalis.org/

> What about a newcomers.xml or info.xml?

Ok, thank you for volunteering ;-)

> ...couldn't get my docs processed ;(
> I've never used Cocoon from CLI and have no idea where the problem can
come
> from. I've tried to access the same content from browser and everything's
> fine - I see the needed page and even can navigate to and from using this
> URL format: http://localhost:8080/cocoon/mount/forrest/page3333[1].html
<--
> as I remember something like this proposed Stefano. I din't go further to
> add also book, chapter and section to the URL, but it'll be easy to add as
> we get buildable docs.
>
> Here goes details of what I've tried (relative to src/documentation
> directory):
>  - added automount pipeline to the root sitemap (copied from Cocoon)
>  - created mount/cocoon directory
>  - placed a sub-sitemap there
>  - placed all needed files there too (including page.css and images/)
>  - changed link to xml.apache.org/cocoon to mount/cocoon/
>  - >build.bat docs
> Result:
> xdocs/ docs are generated correctly
> mount/cocoon/ docs thrown exception: StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
> somewhere in Xalan.
>
> The same content is displayed correctly with latest Cocoon and Tomcat 4.0.
>
> So, now I need help from some Cocoon-CLI/Ant expert but can't share my
work
> with him using CVS.
> Are there any suggestions on how we can proceed with it? Speaking frankly,
> I'm too lazy to update Cocoon in Forrest locally and try to find out the
> cause of the problem. Any volunteer? ;)

Send your work to me, if it's ok for you.

I already updated (locally) the docs stuff to use different skins: there is
already a jakarta one and I'm finishing to integrate the current xml.apache
one.
I will add yours too, and commit as soon as I get karma.

Cool!!!  :-D

            - verba volant, scripta manent -