forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/layout/xml.apache.org page.css
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:24:33 GMT
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > As now, xml.apache.org sites have a blue theme, while the jakarta ones
could
> > have a red-grown theme (don't know why but I always think jakarta's site
are
> > in brown).
> > Anyway, I would simply define different sets of CSS, one set for
xml.apache
> > and one for Jakarta.
> > Something like:
> >   /skins/org/apache/jakarta/*.css
> >   /skins/org/apache/xml/*.css
> >   /skins/org/apache/neutral/*.css
>
> Sorry to rain on your party, but the jakarta people won't change their
> layout. You can bet your ass on that.
>
> So *DON't* plan to reuse anything on the layout part for jakarta, we'll
> have to do totally different stuff so this is a non issue for the
> current xml.apache.org forrest theme.

I am aware of this, you are right.

But AFAIK each project has the opportunity of making the docs as he prefers,
and the jakarta-poi site is, in fact, a little different from the
anakia-built ones.

AFAIK we, at POI, would all appreciate the new layout, but I'm not aware
though of what could happen if we did star to use it.

So I would like to see three layouts:
1- Jakarta style L&F
2- xml.apache L&F
3- Forrest L&F with different CSS styles

Ok, so I will put the new Jakarta style that we fixed in POI and the new
xml.apache one that's fixed in Cocoon.
Projects can start to use Forrest site building right away (as soon as Gump
is ready for site update that is), with the current styles.
When the Forrest style is ready, we will switch the Forrest site to use it,
and I bet my ass that they will ask us to change ;-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -