forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: Document DTD vs. Docbook DTD
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:02:49 GMT
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>

> Besides, docbook is *extremely* complex and while I see that could be
> useful for high-profile and good-looking printed document, I'm not sure
> that this is what we need

I'm +1 with all your comments on this issue, and IMO this point is *very*
true.

I tried using docbook on other project and:
1- I couldn't understand it, the DTD is not complex, it's incomprehensible,
at least to me
2- It's really too much more than one usually needs
3- Simplified docbook is not so much better
4- Docbook has so many tags that I happened to see many times that one
couldn't decide which tag to use in a particular situation; the DTD should
help you, not the opposite.

So yes, I totally agree.

My suggestion was just a technical possibility, and now I would change my 0
to -1 for Docbook.

I will remove the intermediate step in the xsl I'm writing from your
proposal.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 barozzi@nicolaken.com
            - verba volant, scripta manent -