forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: CVS infrastructure
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:52:59 GMT
John Morrison wrote:

> >     - deciding on URL-namespace design
>
> We could have 'test' or 'temp' as prefixes for development and decide
> on the actual ones later...

What I actually meant was structuring the URL (name)space as in:

    http://xml.apache.org/
    http://xml.apache.org/projects/cocoon/
    http://xml.apache.org/stats/downloads-per-project/2002-02/
    http://xml.apache.org/about/whoweare/
    http://xml.apache.org/news/xerces-2002-02-06.xml

etc etc

Making the equation between resources & views, too.

> >     - Forrest 'core' itself: C2 sub-sitemap + related materials
> > (stylesheets
> >     et al.)
>
> I think this is best - keep the cvs repository small.

OK, so we need some deployment scripts to move the forrest webapp inside
a blank Cocoon instance. Now if only this blank instance would be part
of the build targets of Cocoon...

> >   - what the different project teams need to do to get their
> > project listed
>
> A location in their cvs which forrest can access? (really
> should finish
> reading before I speak :)

Naah, my suggestions/alternatives aren't rocket science, neither :-)

</Steven>