forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: Graph data
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:46:10 GMT
John Morrison wrote:

> > > Next, there's the XInclude part doing some XPointer stuff: these
> > > are supposedly
> > > pretty basic operations, but it means parsing a lot of documents.
> > > The XInclude
> > > Transformer doesn't implement Cacheable, which is a problem for
> > > this case, I
> > > presume.
> >
> > change to CInclude...?
>
> CachingCIncludeTransformer? Yep, I overlooked that one. I'll tackle that on
> Friday.

I couldn't resist :-)

Even though the (Caching)CInclude version of the pipeline does an extra XSLT
transformation (there's no XPointer support in the CIncludeTransformer), some
rough tests with JMeter told me that the CInclude version is twice as fast as
the XIncludeTransformer + I see my cache being filled.

Would you folks (John?) like me to patch my submission of yesterday after it
gets checked in somehow, or just send in another zip with different filenames
etc...?

Regards,

</Steven>