forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: xml-forrest/charts graph.xsl sampledata.xml
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:06:18 GMT
John Morrison wrote:

>>    <data group="Downloads" date="12 Feb 2002">
>
> could we have the date as:
>
>    <data group="Downloads" year="2002" week="06" month="02" day="2" date="12">

I understand everything but day and date.  Everything else is
straightforward.

> and another file with special 'events' in it?

Works for me.  I doubt I will automatically be able to generate it, though.
;-)

> Could do with accumulating the data to be on a weekly basis or we
> could display *far* more detailed information...  If we do the accum
> on the fly that would be *very* slow (relatively speaking :)

As this content doesn't change much, it is suitable for caching.
Alternately, the data reduction could be done periodically or perhaps even
statically rendered.

-  Sam Ruby